Friday, March 03, 2006

A Thousand Words

alaska : spring

Right now, at this very moment in time, if I could do anything, I would become a photographer. I can get tired of writing (not that I’m a writer). Sometimes I want to communicate without talking. Sometimes I want to speak in light and color.

Photography really was my first love. She taught me about beauty. We went everywhere together. We traveled to Yellowstone and the Tetons. And we've seen more Kansas sunsets than you could shake a proverbial stick at. She was a high-maintenance friend, though. She wanted to smell every flower and remember every face. She'd convince me to stay up all night with her, recording star trails. I told her I couldn't afford her. Harsh, I know. But I had to do it. I think I broke her heart. ...Perhaps she will have me again, someday. I hope things work out between us.

camping : auke rec : juneau

3 comments:

The Bearded said...

"Blueslovinchick" beat me to my point. Well said...both the post and referenced comment.

Are you familiar with Peter Goin? Seems to me you may have looked into him when you were doing your essay on Alaska. He has bridged the worlds as well as anyone.

Rachel said...

So what's up with this literary drought? You act like you have a job or something...

Manda said...

Hey, I stopped by to say hello. Hope you have a great day.