Wednesday, February 21, 2007

ecology of color

Photo of the Week
02.21.07
ecology of color

Don't worry, your eyes aren't playing tricks on you -- this photo is intentionally out of focus. I wanted to look beyond the shapes of the clouds and the form of the trees, and capture their color.

I'm really drawn to color: One time I was sitting in my reading chair, looking over at my book shelf. Suddenly, I was overwhelmed by the colors on the spines of my books. It was amazing and transcendent and confounding, all at the same time.

I especially love florescent green. My second-grade backpack was a very brilliant shade of florescent green. And the pencil I have in my Bible for underlining verses is a similar hue. I, for one, would not be disappointed if florescent colors decided to hold some sort of summit, and at that summit they decided to come back in style. I would love it. I'm not even kidding.

-mj

1 comment:

RaeAnn said...

You take some awesome pictures and have a great way of seeing beyond the actual picture.